- Mos Def made a great Ford Prefect.
- The Vogons were dead on. Fat, bloated sacks wearing pin-stripes and monacles, requesting "Permission to Persue" forms, does a great job of capturing the overly-bureaucratic and officious nature of the species.
- Marvin needed more screen time. And why no complaints about the pain running down the diodes on his left side?
- Nice cameo by the original Marvin. Might have been interesting to see both Marvins talking to each other, although I suspect that would do wonders to depress the entire audience.
- I want my next computer to look like Deep Thought. Only smaller.
- All in all, I thought the writing was pretty good. (I'd hope so, since Adams did the early drafts of the screenplay.) Yes, many of the jokes were eviscerated from their form in the original series. I didn't kill my enjoyment of the movie, though.
Honestly, I think they did a pretty good job with this particular adaptation. Is it perfect? Was I sitting in wide-eyed fan-boy fascination during the whole thing? Did it make me want a cup of some beverage that tastes similar too, but wholely unlike, tea? Well, no. But still, I give it a B. I enjoyed watching it, I thought the new material was good