- shoveled and salted the walkway and sidewalk in front of the house
- good: limits liability and keeps the county of everyone's back
- bad: my back is now grumpy at me
- also bad: new layer of ice that formed overnight is the only thing on the walkway and sidewalk. no layer of snow underneath to aid in walking
- took out trash and recycling
- good: didn't have to do it this morning
- also good: was able to lounge in my fleece pants and play xbox 360 with a guilt-free conscience
- bad: didn't think to bring in some firewood before changing into fleece pants. no toasty fire
- woke up at 4AM to go to gym
- good: going to the gym is good, right?
- bad: fore-mentioned layer of ice on walkway, sidewalk and my car. why go to the gym with the workout i'm getting from all of this scraping?
- bad: some roads still not to clear. lots of ice right around my office/gym
at first, i thought the gym was closed. as i was walking towards it, i saw two other people try to get in, but the doors were locked. luckily, someone let them in, and a third person walked up and went in on my way over there. but the place was DEAD. no one at the front desk to swipe my membership card, which luckily doesn't need to happen for me to do anything. locker room, empty. i get to the main exercise floor and no one is there. absolutely no one. i have full run of the place. i hop on a stationery bike, do my thing. and i kid you not, during my hour on the bike, TWO people came in and used the fucking treadmill RIGHT BEHIND ME. there are literally dozens of treadmills to choose from in that place, and these motherfuckers chose THAT ONE. what the fuck, people? i'm not that pretty to look at, and i'm sure as hell not going to start a conversation with you. get your fucking co-dependent, i-need-to-be-near-other-people fix somewhere else.